Get ready, Fannibals, we’ve got some news for you! Season 3 of Hannibal officially has a premiere date as well as a new poster, which you can see below.
NBC’s Hannibal is a show that doesn’t hold back – the shocks are as real as the blood. It’s gorgeously filmed and performed, making it one of the most sophisticated – but also horrifying – television series on air right now.
The fans are passionate and Season 3 is already shaping up to be quite the wild ride. Bryan Fuller, the creator of the show, tweeted the official poster as well as the premiere date:
— Bryan Fuller (@BryanFuller) March 6, 2015
If you can’t believe what happened at the end of Season 2, you’re probably extremely anxious for the new season to start. June 4th seems ages away but just wait until we get trailers and more hints from Fuller and the cast.
Speaking of the cast, it’s certainly growing in this upcoming season! Here’s the breakdown of new characters.
• Richard Armitage (The Hobbit, Robin Hood) will play Francis Dolarhyde a.k.a. The Tooth Fairy, from the book Red Dragon.
• Joe Anderson (Across the Universe) will play the now paralyzed Mason Verger, previously played by Michael Pitt in the show.
• Rutina Wesley (True Blood) will play Reba McClane, a blind woman who has an interesting relationship with Dolarhyde, completely unaware of his true nature.
• Zachary Quinto (Heroes, Star Trek) will play a patient of Dr. Maurier (Gillian Anderson, who has been upgraded to season regular).
• Tao Okamoto (The Wolverine) will play Chiyoh, the maid of Lady Murasaki, Hannibal’s Japanese aunt.
If that’s not enough to excite you, I don’t know what is!
Are you excited for Hannibal to return, Fannibals? What are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments!