I choose you! Then I chews you! Great for making Pokémon cakes, gelatin creations, and massive candies, this fantastic Pokemon Pikachu Cake Pan from Think Geek is oven, microwave, and dishwasher safe and measures about 12-inches tall x 9-inches wide x 2 1/2-inches deep. Made of food-safe silicone, it holds approximately 4 cups (32 fluid ounces) to the fill line.
When given the choice, always choose cake. So, yes, you can definitively tell this Pikachu, "I choose you!" Much like your collection of Pokémon, all cakes are good. You just gravitate toward some more than others. Whether it's chocolate or yellow, dense or light, we can all agree that cakes are the way to go. So, break out your recipedex (or a box of cake mix), and whip up your own Pikachu cake in whatever flavor you like best!
Tips from the back of the packaging:
- Lower the recommended baking temperature by 25° F.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet for stability.
- Grease the head and body areas of the pan.
- Fill 3/4 full with batter, leaving the ears and tail empty.
- Bake for just over half the recommended time.
- Remove from oven.
- Grease the ears and tail, and fill 1/2 full with batter.
- Bake for the remaining time.
- Remove the cake from the oven and test.
- If not done, back for additional 5-minute intervals until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Trim any overflow.