- Presenting Talos, giant protector of Europa in Crete!
- Inspired by Greek mythology and the 1963 film Jason and the Argonauts.
- Statue based on Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion model.
- Hand painted to look like ancient bronze, it stands 12 1/2-inches tall.
- This Deluxe version includes a diorama base featuring the lagoon and rocks!
In Greek mythology and the 1963 film Jason and the Argonauts,
Jason and his band of Argonauts encountered giant bronze automaton Talos, protector of Europa in Crete, when one of his crew stole from the treasure the monster guarded. Based on Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion model and traditionally sculpted by artisans of the famed creature shop of Kaibutsuya, this incredibly detailed Ray Harryhausen's Talos Deluxe Version Soft Vinyl Statue is made from soft vinyl and stands 12 1/2-inches tall. Each piece is hand painted to look like an ancient bronze finish. Talos is posed with his sword in one hand, bending over to pull the ship out of the water, while the boat is supported by a sculpted water splash. This Deluxe version also includes a display diorama base with part of the lagoon and rocks on either side of the channel!